Today, end-users are more tech-savvy and demanding than ever before, which makes managing your organisation’s access to platforms, applications and tools much more complicated.
They want a simple, intuitive experience; expect to access and deploy the apps they need to do their jobs as easily as they do on their phone; and when it isn’t easy, unauthorised purchasing and deployment of apps is almost a certainty – with technology so intertwined with every part of our working day, users don’t have time to wait.
As an IT manager, you need control of your desktop and server environment; devices need to be deployed in hours, not days; and your environment needs to be secure, up-to-date and compliant – all the whilst providing a seamless experience to your users.
Centralise and thrive
A centrally managed IT approach – where applications, security updates and a ‘Standard Operating Environment’ or ‘SOE’ are automatically deployed to endpoint devices – ensures you and your users have the experience and control you need.
Leveraging enterprise-class tool sets, you can simplify and automate the way that you deploy hardware images, applications, and updates; keeping them secure and manageable, whilst enabling a higher quality service experience.
Use the same best-of-breed, secure and resilient tools, applications and standard operating environment we use ourselves, delivered using enterprise-class management, reporting, and distribution systems.
How it works
Centralised IT Management automates the deployment of a standard operating environment, applications and comprehensive security updates to all customer endpoint devices. Reporting will enable license and compliance scorecard tracking.
The platform provides:
- An app store for all application deployments
- Windows 10-based standard operating environment
- Security updates for the standard operating environment and standard applications
- Localised distribution
The distribution of the standard operating environment, applications and security updates are all enabled through leveraging advanced distribution software. 1E Nomad is used to enable every computer to become a distribution point for other computers on the network which eliminates local infrastructure requirements and enables super-fast deployment.
App Store – Managed Applications
Managed Applications provides an app store, enabling users to have self-service application installation capabilities using the Microsoft SCCM Software Centre. A standard list of applications is available for all users, mitigating the need for staff to have administrative privileges to install applications.
Custom or non-standard applications can be added to the app store for a-one time cost.
Standard Operating Environment – Managed SOE
Managed Desktop provides a ready-to-go Windows 10 or Server 2012R2/2016-based standard operating environment for use by all customers. The Phonetek standard operating environment is developed and maintained by us, updated quarterly, and contains all the latest features from your applications’ most recent release.
A standard hardware compatibility list will ensure the most common hardware can leverage the Phonetek standard operating environment. Hardware drivers on the compatibility list will be kept up-to-date quarterly, in addition to standard Windows 10 driver updates.
Hardware not on the compatibility list will be required to meet minimum requirements, and driver imports completed for a one-time fee.
Security Updates – Managed Updates
Supplementing Phonetek’s existing patching capabilities, this product will enable the distribution and reporting of third party patching (non-Microsoft) to the regular patching schedule for customers most common desktop applications and certain server based/technical applications.
With our enterprise monitoring and reporting tools, we can proactively manage your devices, ensure security compliance, and maintain up-to-date licencing obligations. We will let you know when something is amiss, and provide you with the recommended course of action.
Benefits of a centralised approach
We love the Centralised IT Management approach so much that we use it ourselves. What are the key benefits of this approach?
- Accessibility: your team can work and collaborate anywhere they are, and have access to all the information they need securely from any device. User forgot their device at home? Use a spare or their personal device. Laptop ran out of battery? Use an iPad.
- Consistency: The standard operating environment and applications are consistently deployed across all your devices, meaning that everyone has a common user experience.
- Simple to use: How simple is it using the app store on your phone? Our App Store is the same. You don’t need to log a call to install apps, you simply select the app from the app store.
- Proactive monitoring: In most cases, we know when something is amiss before you do, we’ll keep track of your application licensing obligations, security compliance and we’ll openly report on everything as part of the monthly report cycle.
- Fully customisable: We know every business has unique applications and devices requirements. We’ll work with you to get these into the platform system, so you can enjoy the benefits across the board.
- Enterprise-grade tool-sets: We use tried and tested Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager coupled with 1E Nomad that enable localised distribution of standard operating environment and applications, keeping your WAN bandwidth in check whilst being able to deploy in record time.
- 24/7 Support: We’re here to help, your staff are just a phone call or an email away from help at any time. Imagine them calling us instead of you to install an application, or even re-build their computer over lunch – the possibilities are endless.
Different businesses have different needs.
Find out which products meet your needs.